Lafayette, Louisiana is an oasis of major broadband connectivity through its successful fiber deployment…[Fiber has] given Lafayette a true edge. Other communities around the country 20 years from now will want what Lafayette has today.
– Terry Huval, LUS Fiber director
For those looking for other communities that have been successful deploying a municipal funded fiber network, be sure to check out the city of Lafayette, Louisiana. While its city size and subscriber revenue model are distinct and not a direct comparison to the town of Princeton and our proposed Princeton Broadband initiative, Lafayette’s LUS Fiber shows how a community can fund a fiber network, build out 100% of the town, and run the service successfully.
- LUS Fiber officials expect to meet financial targets (The Advocate)
- Louisiana city blazes high-speed Web trail (USA Today)
- Louisiana fiber network running—despite cable, telco lawsuits (Arstechnica)
- Publicly Owned LUS Fiber Launching Gigabit Broadband for Lafayette, Louisiana (Stopthecap)