- Unlimited internet
- Up to 50 Mbps download/upload
Voice-Over-IP (VOIP) Phone Service (optional)
- The VOIP phone service would be unlimited local and Continental US calling. For calls outside those areas, the subscriber would sign up with the long distance carrier of their choice.
- The standard connection to your home supports up to 2 separate phone lines.
- The service would include features such as caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting, three-way calling and other features as part of the standard package.
- Hosted voice mail may be an additional charge (usually $3 per month).
- Number portability so you could be able to keep your existing telephone numbers.
Matrix Design Group has provided following estimated subscriber costs for monthly service under their plan:
- $25/month construction/installation fee (fixed)
- $35/month service fees (estimate); will be reduced the more households subscribe. This fee covers network monitoring and maintenance, ensuring the fiber optic infrastructure, depreciation (future replacement expense) for fiber plant and active electronics, pole rental fees to Verizon, and MLP overhead costs such as accounting and legal expenses
- $35/month Internet connectivity fees (estimate); Princeton Broadband MLP will seek a competitive bid for these Internet Service Provider services
- $20/month for optional phone (VOIP) services (estimate); included under ISP services
The current estimate for Internet services totals $95/month, $115 for Internet and Voice. There will be applicable federal and state taxes and fees, yet to be determined by the Princeton Broadband Committee (we are investigating).
There will be an installation charge of $250-350 for Matrix to connect the fiber from the town poles to your house. If you get the initial fiber hookup, you are also committing to a 2-year commitment of service once the hookup goes live*.
The $250-350 early signup discounted cost is based on your house being 200-250′ from the road. Your costs may vary if you are beyond that. However, before you need to make any commitment, your house will be evaluated by Matrix, and they will provide an estimate that takes into account any unique circumstances related to your house.
There are two boxes that one could choose from to install on/in your house. There is a large external box that would be included in the installation costs. You can also elect to have an internal box which is a wireless router. That wireless router option would cost an additional $5/month. Both of these boxes require electricity.
The discounted rate is offered to residents that enroll during the initial sign-on period. If you do not sign up during that period, the installation charge will be $1250-1550. The reason for the higher price is economy of scale: in order to do a one-off install at a property, Matrix would have to get a truck/installer to come for that specific job instead of going from house to house.
* A 2-year commitment is required because it costs Matrix more than $250-350 to do the initial hookup. If for some reason you wanted to get the box installed with the discounted charge but wanted to wait on getting monthly internet service, you would pay $25/mo for 2 years. If you do get internet service, then that $25 fee is simply included as part of the $95 total internet subscription (as shown above).