Looking for information for the special town meeting vote (Nov. 18, 7pm at Thomas Prince School)? Use the following FAQ to quickly navigate content on our web site to get the answers you are looking for.
1. What is the Matrix Plan? And what are we voting on?
Read a 5-minute summary of the Matrix plan and what the Tuesday vote is all about.
2. Why is this the best plan possible for the town of Princeton?
When you factor in the state of the telecom/cable industry and the unique demographics and geography of our town, each broadband committee member will say unequivocally that the Matrix private/public plan is the best plan possible for our community. Read why »
3. Who is Matrix Design Group?
4. What would be the subscriber costs?
Matrix fiber-to-the-home service would provide fiber broadband and optional phone service. Read about the services and the subscriber cost breakdown here »
5. Why is DSL not a viable long-term option for us?
When you look at industry trends, it is clear that DSL is eventually going to be phased out. It is not a question of “if”, but a question of “when”. Read why »
6. Why is fiber the best technology choice?
You can read the following resources for more discussion on fiber:
- Why Fiber is the Best Choice
- Comparing Fiber vs. DSL vs. Cable
- Customer satisfaction comparison
- Overview video on fiber-to-the-home
- Impact of fiber on property values
- Fiber-to-the-home as the technology standard